Letter to Tan Sri Khalid from HINDRAF
Posted by chaanakyan on March 25, 2008
Y.B. Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim
Selangor Menteri Besar
Selangor State Secretariat Office,
Bangunan Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah, Tel: 03 5544 7013
40503 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Fax: 03 5519 0032
Re: (1) Demolished Hindu Temple in Kg. Rimba Jaya, Kg. Karupiah, Kg Jawa Shah Alam was catalyst for Hindraf Peaceful Assembly on 25/11/2007 which led to 90% of Indians voting for Opposition in theMarch 8th General Elections.
(2) PKR led Selangor State government has not properly rewarded Selangor Indians by merely repeating the 10,000 sq feet land and RM 40,000.00 promised by the previous UMNO led government.
With respect to the above mentioned matter we are disappointed at the mere reputation of what the previous UMNO government had previously already promised. (Tamil Nesan 18/03/08 pg 3). May we bring to your kind attention that it was the demolishment of this Temple that eventually led to 90% of the Indians in Malaysia voting for the Oppositions and as abovementioned. We hereby appeal that this Hindu Temple is retained at the existing and present site by the PKR led state government compulsorily acquiring the land (CPO) and awarding the same to the said Temple. This Hindu Temple is the heritage of the people of Kg Karupiah and means a lot to them.
In the alternative if this Temple has to be relocated it would only be fair and proper for the new Selangor State government to award the following:
- Award a 1 (one) acre land for the reconstruction of this Temple.
- This Hindu Temple should also have an adjoining wedding hall/community centre to serve the almost 10,000 Hindu community in the area.
- The state government allocates RM 10 million for the construction of this new Temple and hall. (Note: Dato Seri S Samy Vellu allocated RM 8million for a mosque he personally designed and another RM 2 million for an Indian Muslim mosque both in Sungai Siput during the run up to the March 8th General Elections).
- The one acre land title is to be given to this Hindu Temple.
- Please also rebuilt and give back to the people the kindergarden for the poor Indians that was ruthlessly demolished by the previous UMNO government.
By granting our appeal, the PKR government would prove it’s sincerity by putting into practice it’s election manifesto of a truly multi racial and multi religious Malaysian society and not merely preaching the same. Y.A.B. please prove that your government is different from the UMNO led government that has ruled Malaysia for the last 50 years.
We thank your goodselves in anticipation.
(Chairman)cc: Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim Adviser National Justice Party 17, Jalan 16/2, Petaling Jaya 46350, Selangor, Malaysia